File Preparation Templates
- Save at 300dpi.
- CMYK color mode ONLY.
- Convert ALL fonts in Illustrator to vector outlines.
- Flatten ALL Photoshop files.
- Flatten ALL transparencies in Illustrator.
- Make sure background has a 1/8th inch bleed of .125 - a 3.5x2 card would be 3.625x2.125 with bleed
- Spot UV, Foil, Embossed and Debossed Files should be saved as a separate file - EX: Front-print.pdf & Front-print-SPOTUV.pdf
- DO NOT SEND FILES ALL TOGETHER IN A SINGLE PDF or AI FILE. Send front and backs separate as well as any other elements like spot uv or foil.
NOTE: MISSING OR IGNORING THE FILE REQUIREMENTS WILL DELAY YOUR ORDER.
Please make sure all requirements are met BEFORE uploading. Don't know? Ask your designer or request a file review before submitting your order.
Most common error is not converting fonts to outlines, making sure files have bleeds and file document size is NOT larger than the actual card with bleed. DO NOT send a 4x5 inch file for your 2x3.5 business card. It should NOT be larger than 2.125x3.625
Best file format - .pdf - PDF X1A2001
Acceptable formats - .ai, .jpg, .pdf .zip for compressed folders.
Adobe Illustrator files
Adobe Illustrator files in CS5 are fine for professional output. The files here are in CS5. When using Illustrator, save files as .EPS if you are using CS6 or older. Save as .AI if using higher than version CS6. You can use indesign and save as PDF as well.
Adobe Photoshop files
Adobe Photoshop files in CS5 are fine for professional output. The files here are in CS5. When using Photoshop, save files as .TIF if you are using CS6 or older. Save as .PSD if using higher than version CS6. You can use indesign and save as PDF as well.